Athento has an operation or automation task that allows requesting external documents through an email notification. The requested documents are those indicated as required documents within a form. The name of the operation is "Create required documents request".
To install this automation task, simply go to the operations marketplace, available in the "Operations" tab of each space, and click on the "Install" button on the operation.
How does it work?
The operation must be executed for each document from which the documents are to be requested.
This execution can be manual or automatic. For the automatic cases, please request the support team for the activation of a cron task for its execution.
If the execution needs to be manual, there are several options:
- Activate the execution of the automation task with a button type field.
- Execute the operation with the validate button, activating the operation as Post Validation.
- Activate the execution of the operation in a state of the life cycle.
- Execute the operation manually from the Complete Process menu.
Once the operation has been successfully executed, the external user will receive a notification with the document upload link. This link is unique for each document request.
For each required document, the external user will see an option to upload the file.
Within Athento, users that log in to the tool will be able to view the uploaded documents in real-time.
Setting up the automation task
This operation will request as parameters at least the internal name of a field in which the e-mail to which the document request notification will be sent will be stored.
The different configuration parameters received by the operation are explained below:
- celular_metadata: internal name of the field in which a cell phone will be stored, for cases in which OTPs are used in SMSs.
- notification_template: name of the notification template with the content of the email requesting the documents to the external user.
- otp_required: indicates whether a one-time password is required to access the document upload page. The value True enables this functionality, which requires a field with a value for the cell phone to which the data will be sent.
- email_metadata: field to store the email of the person or external user to whom the documents will be requested.
- document_request_template: for the cases in which a customized design is to be used for the document upload page.
In addition to these parameters, in the space where the operation will be used, you must activate the option that allows the external upload of documents.
Is it possible to customize the email sent to the external user?
Yes, although this configuration can only be done by a superuser or Athento support team.
Remember to include the document upload URL in the body of the notification. In the href attribute of the link, you must include the following tag.
Finally, in the operation configuration, add the Name of the custom template in the notification_template parameter.
Is it possible to customize the look & feel of the uploading page?
Yes, although this configuration can only be done by a superuser. Check how.
- File transmissions are done through SSL.
- The document upload page will allow uploading files with the extensions and sizes allowed in the space to which the documents are to be uploaded.
- The document upload URL can be opened several times without the user losing the submitted documents.