Advantages of using Athento over Nuxeo:
- Athento allows more customization with less technical knowledge (low code). What can be done in weeks with Nuxeo can be done in days with Athento.
- Athento allows for a smoother deployment process.
- Athento has a much lighter technical and functional learning curve than Nuxeo.
- Athento covers many more document lifecycle functionalities (notifications, archiving, automatisms, document reception, etc.).
- The Athento team has been working with Nuxeo since 2005, so it knows very well its strengths and weaknesses. The Athento product has been created based on the experience of Athento's engineers with Nuxeo, taking advantage of this knowledge and avoiding the weaknesses that Nuxeo has.
- Since the purchase of Hyland, the future of Nuxeo is uncertain, as Hyland has its own product and, in addition, also has Alfresco. Nuxeo and Alfresco have long been in direct competition with each other, so it is to be expected that one of the two will disappear from the market in the long term.
- For several years now, Nuxeo has been positioning itself more in the DAM market, while Nuxeo allows this type of functionality without giving up its own document management, automation, or case management functionalities.
- Athento is working in important reference environments both in terms of security and performance. We have several clients in the financial sector and clients that manage hundreds of millions, thousands of users, and hundreds of thousands of API calls per day.
More reasons can be found at https://www.athento.com/es/nuxeo/
If you already use Nuxeo, Athento can make use of it as a repository allowing all the flexibility of Athento, without giving up having Nuxeo as a backend.