With the automation for fields feature, you can define rules and actions that will be applied over a document field. To create automation rules for your fields, go to the field set up.
From the field set up, go to the Automation tab and click on "Create automation".
You will be able to enable or disable the rule (1), choose what actions to execute when the rule is fulfilled (2), and add a rule (3).
- Hide or show a field according to a rule.
- Require or not a field.
- Set as read only or allow writing to a field.
Clicking on the doted lines you will access the available actions.
Available rule types
- Document rules: These rules will be applied depending on the document values.
- Spaces: If the document is in one of the specified spaces.
- Form: If the document is in one of the specified forms.
- Metadata: Rules about document fields. You can specifiy that these fields are empty or not, or that they have a specified value.
- Author: If the document author is one of the specified users.
- Lifecycle state: If the document is in one of the specified states.
- Filename: If the document matches the specified name
- User rules: These rules will be applied depending on the logged user.
- Group: If the user belongs to one of the specified groups.
In the following example, the field will be shown only if the name of the document includes the string "terminado".
Finally, we can see that, when we open a document created with this form, the field on which we apply the automation rule is shown or hidden depending on the name of the file as it has been configured.