Athento runs on Ubuntu Server operating system servers. Linux systems are less likely to be affected by malware because:
- The programs run on normal users, not on Root users.
- Since it is open source, many more eyes make sure that there is no malicious software in it.
- Thousands of experts around the world are watching to prevent and correct vulnerabilities in the code.
- Drivers are constantly updated in Package Managers
- The software is installed from official repositories.
However, at Athento we take care to minimize any possible risk. To this end, our machines are protected with ClamAV antivirus. ClamAV is an Open Source antivirus engine capable of detecting Trojans, viruses, malware and other similar risks.
ClamAV is used with a daemon that constantly scans the system, speeding up virus scanning, since the program is always in memory.
ClamAV is designed for high-performance environments and is a versatile antivirus that accepts a wide variety of file formats, compression, and signature.
Athento machines are then scanned by this antivirus to detect the presence of threats. Once detected, these files are automatically quarantined and an alert is automatically generated so that Athento's incident response processes are initiated.
Virus definitions are updated daily by the system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.