Athento recommends its clients to have a person or team responsible for the governance of the document manager.
The document manager governance activities include:
- Definition and maintenance of the organisation of information in the different equipment, spaces, etc.
- Definition and maintenance of the specification of form types.
- Definition and maintenance of groups, permissions, etc.
- Transfer of instructions to the different users, integrators, etc. of the document manager, such as basic policies, homogeneous use of the document manager, etc.
- Transfer of instructions to the different users on security, such as the type of information that can be stored, mandatory use of MFA, etc.
- Ensure the correct use of Athento's support service.
It is also recommended to have a person or team to lead and coordinate internal initiatives for changes, new projects, integrations, etc.
The people dedicated to the governance of the document manager must know the capabilities of the application in general, as well as the structure and organisation of the information adopted for the specific case of their company. This will help them to offer internal support to their users, avoid incidents or unnecessary modifications in the future and, above all, to get the most out of the platform.
Athento has extensive material to help train these people or teams: