1. Create the type of task that will be mandatory for the transition.
This should be done from the advanced administration Home > Workflowtasks.
Task types require:
- Name: internal name of the task type. Alphanumeric.
- Label: is the title that tasks of this type will have.
- Description: Here you describe what is to be done in the task.
- Actor: person to whom the task is to be created.
- Group actors: group of users for whom the task is to be created.
You can choose to create the tasks to a user (actor) or to a group of users (group actors). In either case, at least one of these parameters must be filled in.
2. Activate the operation to create the tasks
You can be guided by the article How to configure task functionality?
In the operation configuration you must set the Task type parameter to the name of the task type you created in the previous step.
3. Linking transition and task type
Go to the advanced administration of the transition where you want to add task types as required.
In the "Transition document workflow task type throughts" section, add a new row with the type of task you want to add and tick the "required" option.
Once the required task types have been added, the transition will not be allowed to take place if any open task is found whose task type you have added as required to this transition.