Mass uploads in Athento are done at the form or document type level. That is to say, all the documents you upload will have the same document type.
This bulk upload functionality allows many files with their field values or metadata to be uploaded to Athento at the same time.
You can access the bulk upload from the document type you want to upload. Go to the Document Types or Forms menu and then to the specific document type you need.
In the document type, go to the Import tab.
Within the Import tab.
1. Load values or metadata
The metadata values are uploaded as a CSV file.
This file must contain the details of the names of the documents to be uploaded and the corresponding metadata. The first column of the CSV must be the name of each file to be uploaded. The following columns will contain the metadata, so the number of columns will depend on the amount of metadata of our document type.
In the Load new files tab, Athento will ask you to load the CSV file. Select your file, the type of separator to use must be the default selected, semicolon (;), and the series where the records will be created. Then click on Upload.
2. Upload files
Then, in the panel just below where you have uploaded the CSV, you can drag or select the files you want to upload. The names of the files you upload must match the values in the first column of the CSV file.
Once you have finished uploading the files, you must click on the Next button.
This step can be skipped in cases where the documents to be uploaded in bulk are not documents with binary (file). That is to say, it may be the case, for example, that you want to upload files and only require the massive creation of forms with metadata and that do not have a binary.
3. Indicate the matches of the columns with the form fields.
Next, we must indicate for each column of the CSV the corresponding field in which the value should be imported.
When finished, click on Process CSV to continue.
We can verify the loading from the "Status Online Import" tab. In the column Number of lines (csv), it will show the number of records that the csv has loaded, and in the column Number of validated documents, how many of them have been created in the import process.
In the status column, all the loaded logs will appear in blue. To see the whole log, you can select "more" and see all the details of the loading for each line. Also from this log, if the loading stops for any reason in any line, you can see in which line the processing has stopped and in this way, you can redo the loading in a new file loading from the line that gave error.
4. Aspects to take into account before launching the load
- The format of the file must be .csv.
- The encoding of the .csv file must be UTF8.
- Avoid including accents and special characters in the file header.
- The .csv file must not contain line breaks.
- Before launching the upload, check the .csv file in a text editor tool, which will allow us to verify that there are no line breaks or any other aspect that is not visible from excel.
5. How to make a massive correction or modification on the documents.
By means of this functionality, the system allows a massive correction to be made on the metadata values of the documents. To do this, the same loading process must be followed, only the following points must be taken into account:
- The first column must have the title of the document to be corrected. The csv must have the same format for the upload but VERY IMPORTANT, the title must be indicated as it is in Athento.
- When loading the csv, in step 1 of the loading, check the checkbox "Update files using the filename".
- The rest of the upload process will be performed in the same way as the bulk upload.